Hello. How is the world treating you? And how are you treating it? Getting geared up for the holidays?
Hip hip hooray! The school year is done for us. Now we only have prize-giving and one dance exam, then I can chill – about another 10 days. I think I want to get Christmas shopping out of the way by then so that I can stay home and relax. For those that celebrate, when do you put up your tree? My kids have said that I need to join in on the 1st. For a few years I’ve just left it to them, but they’re not having any of that. Going to get a few new ornaments today to give it a bit of new life. I hope all my American readers had a great Thanksgiving.
Everybody can’t wait for this year to be over and their New Year’s wish is that the next one is better, but I’m not there. Yes, I want this pandemic to be gone, and a normal that doesn’t include masks and sanitising twenty times in one mall to prevail, but I’m also being realistic that just because the 1st January rolls around, doesn’t mean everything will magically be fixed. The Universe has its own timeline and we need to learn to manage with what is today. Having said that, I hope you’re all keeping safe and healthy and respecting your fellow humans.
If you’re still thumping at the keys for your Nano project I’m wishing you great speed for the last 2 days.
- Started writing a daily short story to get back into it and awaken my muse and my brain. I’m on day 5. I think they’re getting better.
- Have reduced by FaceBook time. Not enough, but quite a lot. Will aim for more this week. Also reduced my television time – thus why I got more writing done.
Write a book. I’m leaving this here for the rest of the year or until I’ve done it. And to figure out what is stopping me and work through it.
- Submit a poem to a competition.
- Reduce Facebook time further.
- Carry on with my short stories for 30 days.
- Get my planner printed for next year. I haven’t found a planner that works exactly as I need, so I am designing my own, printing it and getting it ring bound.
Lake of my life
You reflect what I am sending out
May we cause ripples
Across your glass surface
With the winds of change
That I may be satisfied
With what I see looking back at me
If you want change, you might need to make a few internal adjustments.
Have a fantastic day and give yourself a gift today and for the month of December, even if you don’t celebrate anything – self-love. You deserve it! You need it! This is something that you are entitled to.